Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Single Scene: Are Weddings Really a Good Place to Meet Women?

I've been invited to 5 weddings this Fall ...Yeah, that isn't a joke. Every wedding has their own uniqueness. But one inevitable theme, that cannot be oppressed, is the fact that you're in attendance to observe a deceleration of love.

Normally, most people consider this concept a beautiful, festiveness ritual. For me, I had recently gone through a messy break-up, so I was in no mood join in wholeheartedly. However, my perspective needed to change. I had to dig deep and make myself re-understand why weddings can be so much fun. Oh yeah! It's a fantastic forum to meet women! That's what everyone says, at least.

(Wedding Crashers, New Line Cinema)
Currently, I'm 3 weddings down, 2 to go ...and I'm realizing that the ratio of couples-to-single women are completely lopsided. Life isn't like Wedding Crashers and I am no Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn. There are upsides to weddings though: free drinks, free food, meeting new people from various geographical locations, and you get to dress swanky (if you're into that ...and I am). If you have a few drinks, exchange a few laughs with friendly strangers, and dance the Electric Slide, it's not such a bad experience.

And sometimes, like any "blue moon" social outing, you'll meet a lovely, single female who might be worth the entire tour de wedding season ....or it could just be her sexy dress and the alcohol, inside of your tummy, talking.

I guess I'll let you know after these last 2 weddings.....