Thursday, January 12, 2012

Appeciate Your Relationship While You Still Have It!

Maybe many relationships end prematurely are due to a lack of appreciation for what you have. We all know "the grass is greener" theory and for the most part, it is not a theory. It's true. Too many of us end relationships before they've had time to develop or we end up straying because we don't realize the gold in our hands. Of course we don't see that gold until it has washed away.

I've been single for almost a year now and I didn't ask to be single. But when I was in the relationship (and happy), I remember telling myself to remember these warm moments because some day, I may not have it always. I'm glad I cherished those moments and I don't say this because I'm longing for her again. It's important to remember what makes our hearts feel most alive because those moments are such rarities for many of us. And when we don't take a second to value the relationship, it can easily disappear with the tide.

I'm glad I remember those memories because it saves me from not having to be a complete whore. It made me appreciate romance and substance. Those quickies don't mean shit once you've tasted love. And all of those females that come in-and-out of your life, faster than your digestive system, mean something too. It makes you appreciate the very, very few females who made your heart feel real .....and all the others seem so disposable.
 In other words, take more mental pictures.