Monday, November 7, 2011

Interview - Chef, Tony Kang Discusses Dating Delicacies


Chef, Tony Kang has worked in some of New York's toughest kitchens. His wise-ass, humorous, and abrasive personality plays into his charm, which you will soon see in 2012 as he will be featured on a "major cooking competition show" on a "major TV network" (as you can tell, we can't announce it yet). We asked Tony to put the knife down for a few minutes to answer some questions how essential food is to a date. Check them out:

TMMP: What's your favorite meal to cook for a woman?
Tony: I'm a spontaneous cook, so I like to cook whatever hints I get from the ladies.  If I played my cards right, I would also have to cook breakfast (wink, wink).

TMMP: What's your "go to" 1st date restaurant?
Tony: Absolute must, not just for me, but for all guys looking to impress a girl you'll really like Gotham Bar and Grill in Greenwich Village.

TMMP: Why do women love a man who can cook?
Tony: They get to see us do something that's primal, raw, and a skill that takes passion.  They can tell how passionate a man can be by the way he works with food and the ingredients.

TMMP: If you could cook for any celebrity female, in hopes of "wooing" her, who would it be and what would you cook?
Tony: I love Mila Kunis.  I have a soft spot for her exotic beauty and her down-to-earth humor.  I would make her something filling and luscious so she'd get into the lazy "let's sit on the couch and bum around" mood. That dish would be Braised Shortribs, Morel Mushrooms, Polenta and Butter Poached Lobster Tail.

TMMP: If you could eat food off of your date's body, which delicacy would you cover your date's body in?
Tony: Oysters and Uni. That's sexy as hell.

(Photo Credit: Charles Eames)
TMMP: What's the best meal for post-love-making?
Tony: A typical d-bag would say; "A sandwich." But being a modern gentleman I can't be selfish. I would make the both of us a simple dish of Spaghettini with chili, garlic and basil. Refuel with carbs!

TMMP: Are you a good cocktail maker too?
Tony: I dabble but it's not my greatest strength.

TMMP: What's your favorite drink to make for a lady?
Tony: Champagne with Grape Consomme and Strawberry Air. It's a mix of the old school classy and modern gastronomy.

TMMP: If a woman was cooking for you, what would she need to do in order to impress you?
Tony: Nothing. I would be impressed that she's actually cooking for me and I would appreciate the meal.

TMMP: Hottest celebrity chef. Go!...
Tony: Nigella Lawson...Talk about a classy lady.

Write down those tips guys and learn from a master chef.
Thanks Tony!