Monday, December 5, 2011

Are The Best Girls Already Taken?

I probably sound like a whiner but I feel like every lovely girl I meet is already taken. See, it's not like I don't meet great girls -- there are plenty! But unfortunately, some other chump has always beat me to the punch ...usually years before I ever meet her. I'd say about 70% of the 'already-taken' girls I meet, have been with their boyfriend for over a year or two. The others usually just started dating their mates within a few months' time. Then I give myself the same rant; "Son of a b*tch! They're always f*cking taken! If I had only met them sooner!"  The most annoying part is, this happens way too often. I can think of a few females, within the last week, whom I've met and found out they're already spoken for.

What's funnier is, the single girls I meet are always single for an obvious reason: outer appearance, emotionally distraught from previous relationships, daddy issues, alcohol problems, going through 'slutty period', or just an overall crappy personality.

Believe me, I'm not one of those guys who wants what he can't have. Rather, I feel like a guy who has sh*t luck. I try to tell myself; "She won't be with that guy forever. Eventually, they'll break up...", but I don't want to be a post-relationship 'rebound'. I also don't want to pick up the mess that her ex left her with. In other words, when a girl mentions her boyfriend, I block her out of my (potential-for-dating) mind.

I'm also realizing not to take certain opportunities for granted. If I meet a female who I have a crush on and she's also single, there's no time to pussyfoot around and "let romance unfold naturally" -- That's bullsh*t. I have to take action. No more of this laissez-faire attitude!

Easier said than done, I know.

We'll see......